Managers supervise an assigned store/station and work directly with staff in all aspects of store operations. The Manager position reports to their assigned Area Manager. The Manager must recruit, hire, train and develop customer service representatives so their store meets the operational standards and financial goals of FastBreak Convenience Stores. The store Manager must be available to respond to incidents and staffing issues at the store all hours. This position requires daily banking and secure transportation to and from the bank. A valid driver license for the driver and insurance is required on any vehicle transporting company assets. Managers must be able to operate all aspects of the store operations, properly account for all receipts and supervise all aspects of employee performance. Managers must make sure personally or through staff members, that our locations are open and meet operational standards for all hours of operation.
QR Code Link to This Post
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Meet and emulate the core values of the company. Supervise and train the staff to strive for these goals
• Greet each customer with a positive attitude. Provide our customers with friendly, fast and courteous service. Encourage all customers to continue doing business at the store by thanking them and asking them to return
• Supervise staff performance and meet all Branded Fuel inspection requirements
• Supervise staff performance and meet all legal and safety requirements for selling fuel and dispensing propane
• Control inventory and cash loss and meet established budgets/goals
• Meet the established store conditions goals for cleanliness, in-stocks and appearance
• Control turnover through proper hiring and coaching techniques
• Meet the established customer service goals
• Meet staffing plans, write schedules and manage labor dollars used daily, weekly, monthly & annually
• Interact with FastBreak “Service” department to keep the store/station operating properly
• Interact with FastBreak “Help” department to keep the store/station operating properly
• Meet accounting requirements that call for the completion of all store books and paperwork be completed accurately each day
• Meet all health department requirements for the selling of hot food, packaged food, fountain, coffee and frozen drinks
• Meet the OSHA requirements at the store/station
• Supervise staff performance and meet all legal requirements for selling restricted products like cigarettes, tobacco, some medicine and lottery
• Provide safety training to prevent incidents, accidents and mis-fuels and conduct thorough investigations and report accurately and immediately to the company Safety Manager.
• Keep merchandise displayed in an attractive manner and in specified positions to maximize store sales.
• Implements company/vendor POS and promotes marketing products for the duration of the promotion
• Keep the store operating their scheduled hours and make sure all employees are meeting the meal and break laws applicable to their State.
• Maintain a professional image at all times by wearing clean professional clothing and requiring staff to be well groomed and wear clean uniforms, a name tag and if pumping fuel wear a safety vest.
• Travel to the bank daily and deposit assets. Purchase coin needed to complete transactions at the store.
• Conduct regular cash audits on staff shifts.
• Complete store accounting paperwork and banking daily
• Write schedules and approve payroll assuring that budgeted goals are met
• Write orders and interact with vendors to meet the product requirements and avoid outages
• Meet company standards on store inspections and mystery shops
• Respond to email and phone communications involving store operations and HR requests or requirements
• Work on the 1st of each month and verify “Month end” counts are completed accurately
• Be on-site for all inventories.
• Attend professional trainings and meetings outside the normal hours of work
• Be available by phone to respond to emergencies at the store all hours
• Participate in and train staff to participate in company charity and fund raising programs
• Recruit, hire and train Assistant Managers, 3rd Book Assistants, Captains of the critical areas in the store/station and Customer Service Representiatives.
• Must be able to travel some times, but will spend a majority of their time on the sales floor supervising staff and assisting customers at the register or fuel islands.
• Managers will be required to work and average of 45 hours per week, more if staffing is needed to meet the store requirements.
Supervise 5 - 25 employees on store staff. Managers are responsible for the overall store operation, employee coordination, and implementation of company programs in the store. The Manager carries out their responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MUST WORK 45 HOURS PER WEEK, MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL FOR TRAININGS AND MEETINGS